Arizona’s cannabis labeling and packaging guidelines include the following:
R9-17-317. Product Labeling and Analysis
1. A dispensary shall ensure that medical marijuana provided by the dispensary to a qualifying patient or a designated caregiver is labeled with:
2. The dispensary’s registry identification number;
3. The amount, strain, and batch number of medical marijuana;
4. The following statement: “ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES’ WARNING: Marijuana use can be addictive and can impair an individual’s ability to drive a motor vehicle or operate heavy machinery. Marijuana smoke contains carcinogens and can lead to an increased risk for cancer, tachycardia, hypertension, heart attack, and lung infection. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN”;
5. If not cultivated by the dispensary, whether the medical marijuana was obtained from a qualifying patient, a designated caregiver, or another dispensary;
6. The date of manufacture, harvest, or sale;
7. A list of all chemical additives, including nonorganic pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers, used in the cultivation and production of the medical marijuana; and 7. The registry identification number of the qualifying patient.
8. If a dispensary provides medical marijuana cultivated by the dispensary to another dispensary, the dispensary shall ensure that the medical marijuana is labeled with:
9. The dispensary’s registry identification number;
10. The amount, strain, and batch number of the medical marijuana;
11. The date of harvest or sale; and 4. A list of all chemical additives, including nonorganic pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers, used in the cultivation of the medical marijuana.
12. If medical marijuana is provided as part of an edible food product, a dispensary shall, in addition to the information in subsection (A), include on the label the total weight of the edible food product.
13. A dispensary shall provide to the Department upon request a sample of the dispensary’s medical marijuana inventory of sufficient quantity to enable the Department to conduct an analysis of the medical marijuana.
To see full list laws and rules, please refer to Title 9, Chapter 17. Department of Health Services Medical Marijuana Program.